The Bioeconomy SA Portal is a web-based platform that collects information from different sources and integrates in into a single, uniform and secure user interface. This portal is here to improve access to and the exchange of information among all bio-innovation stakeholders to stimulate communication, improve cohesion and promote functional integration and collaboration.
The portal aims to be an accessible, accurate and enabling communication and information management platform that contributes significantly towards a vibrant South African bioeconomy, by:
- Integrating bio-innovation information across the whole product development pipeline,
- Leveraging the available pool of expertise and resources,
- Offering valuable information, services and resources to all stakeholders,
- Facilitating strategic decision making, and
- Developing visibility and credibility for the South African bioeconomy.